ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK: Sea Kayak Devon would like you and your group to read the following acknowledgement of risk carefully. It may affect your safety and the safety of others. It is printed on each participants ticket for further reference.
1. Bookings are accepted on the understanding that Sea Kayak Devon (SKD) safety regulations are observed. You must follow the safety instructions of our staff.
2. You accept that SKD is under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property not caused by the negligence of SKD and its employees
3. All our trips and courses involve some physical effort, which at times may be more than you are used to. If you have any medical conditions or injuries, past or present, which may make some activities including kayaking and SUP ill-advised you should make us aware of them.
4. All precautions will be taken, however, some situations may become stressful for some people. If you or anyone in your group has an unusual aversion to water you should let that be known to us, although the ability to swim is not a requirement.
5. Participation in adventurous activities entails some risk of injury. SKD staff are trained and appropriately qualified to run our activity sessions and will at all times proceed in a manner to limit the risk and injury. However, participants accept that some inherent risks remain and accidents and injury may still occur.
Acknowledgement: This acknowledgement of risk does not release Sea Kayak Devon from any of its obligations towards you, nor does it affect your legal rights. However, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the contents of this document.
Sea Kayak Devon Ltd is licensed by the Health and Safety Executive Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA)
Photos: on most, but not all trips, your instructor will be able to take photos of you and your group as well as wildlife using one of Sea Kayak Devons waterproof digital cameras. We will upload these pictures to Flickr and email you a link so you can view and download them free of charge. Occasionally we also use these pictures for promotional purposes on our website, Facebook page and other promotional material. Please let your instructor know if you or any of your group do not want to have pictures taken.
Sea Kayak Devon Terms & Conditions
1. A deposit or full payment must be paid at the time of booking.
2. No contract is agreed until the deposit or full payment is received.
3. No trip or course will commence until full payment has been received.
4. Once full payment has been received the Client agrees to the following Terms and Conditions.
5. On the customer's request every effort will be made to reschedule a trip or course at no additional cost, however, this is subject to our availability.
6. Should the Client wish to cancel a booking, the following refunds may apply on receipt of written notice via email: - At least 3 weeks’ notice before the booked session – 100% of total fee - At least 2 weeks’ notice before the booked session – 75% of the total fee - At least 1 weeks’ notice before the booked session – 50% of the total fee
7. Sea Kayak Devon recommends cancellation/curtailment insurance cover
8. Group trips/courses require a minimum of two people to run. Where this minimum is not met, an alternative trip/course or refund will be available.
9. Refunds are not available in whole or in part for unused sessions due to Client late arrival, illness, accident, or for any other cause outside the control of Sea Kayak Devon.
10. It is very rare that sessions have to be cancelled by Sea Kayak Devon because of adverse weather. In this instance, an alternative trip/course or a full refund will be available.
11. Sea Kayak Devon reserves the right to cancel a trip/course where reasonably necessary. In this instance, an alternative trip/course or refund will be available.
12. Sea Kayak Devon does not provide insurance for any Client or third party. It is the Client’s responsibility to arrange appropriate insurance to cover any activity undertaken during a Sea Kayak Devon session.
13. On matters of safety during the session the decision of the Sea Kayak Devon instructor is final.
14. Clients should ensure they are fit and appropriately attired for physical activity in a coastal environment.
15. Sea Kayak Devon excludes all liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any injury or loss suffered during a Sea Kayak Devon session.
16. The Sea Kayak Devon instructor will wait a maximum of 30 minutes from the session start time, at the arranged meeting point, unless notified by the Client in advance.
17. Prices are correct as of November 2017 but are subject to change.
18. Any complaint should be made known verbally to Sea Kayak Devon immediately and in writing within ten days of the incident. Sea Kayak Devon will endeavour to resolve such complaints to the satisfaction of any aggrieved party. Where no satisfactory resolution is made, a referral may be made to British Canoeing for guidance on final resolution of the dispute.
19. Sea Kayak Devon will not store customer financial details (credit or debit card numbers) for any trips or courses.
20. Sea Kayak Devon, 54 Seymour Drive, Dartmouth, Devon TQ69GE
21. Any contract between Sea Kayak Devon and another party will be governed by, and construed and interpreted in accordance with, English law.
1. Copyright Site design, text, graphics, files and all other content are © Sea Kayak Devon, all rights reserved. Any other use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission from Sea Kayak Devon is strictly prohibited.
2. Disclaimer The information, services, products and materials available on this website, including, without limitation, text, graphics and links, are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranty. This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties. You acknowledge that Sea Kayak Devon is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any external site. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those external sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such external sites.
3. Limited liability Under no circumstances shall Sea Kayak Devon be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, services, products and materials available on this site.